The most successful wrestler of India who won the gold medal for India straight for 3 times in a row has a fixed diet and practice plan. He eats only vegetarian food and conquers non-vegetarian opponents. He believes that ‘everyday there should be an improvement’ so everyday he works to improve himself and win medals for India.
DIET PLAN OF SUSHIL KUMAR:
Before Breakfast- Glass of juice and some almonds
Breakfast- Eggs, milk, bread and banana
Lunch- Paneer, Green vegetables and roti
Dinner- Similar to lunch
FOOD ITEMS WHICH ARE HIS GENERAL INTAKE-
1. High calorie heavy breakfast of 5-6 paranthas
2. He has a consistent intake of 5-6 chapatis, plenty of lentils (dal) and rice for both lunch & dinner.
3. 3 litres of milk and white butter
4. Around 400 grams of almonds each day
5. For protein requirement he relies upon protein shake. Eggs are occasional part of the diet
6. Snacks – Sprouts, fruits, fruit juices and curd
He always keeps a check on the intake of his calories. When he does training he intakes a total of 3700 calories while this amount drops down to around 1700 calories when he takes rest. He stays away from meat and relies only on Indian food.
Let’s have a look at what our gold medalist sushil kumar do for having a fit and fine body
WEEKLY FITNESS PLAN –
Monday: Morning – mat-work; evening – ground work including basketball/football/handball
Wednesday: Running and speed work
Thursday: Same as Monday with some gym time as well
Saturday: Cross-country running (10km)
Sunday: Rest day
Rope-climbing – 100 climbs a day
Sit ups – 150-200 daily
Squat jumps – 150-200
Sprints – 2-3
DAILY ROUTINE –
Wake up at 5A.M.
Start with running for 1.5km
Focus on training technique till lunch
Does evening technique from 6 to 8
Goes to bed by 10P.M.