When it comes to shedding off our hanging belly, we do our best to get rid of this. Be it the detoxifying warm drink in the morning, to crunches in different variations.
But if you ask yourself, why so much effort? This is because belly pooch is the most stubborn area of our bodies to lose weight from. You’ve probably noticed many fitness enthusiasts whose upper bodies and thighs have toned properly through rigorous exercises but the tummies require an extra amount work.
Exercises to reduce the lower belly pooch are easy to do, requires less time and can be easily incorporated into our regimes. Here are a few to choose from:
- Lie on a mat and bring your knees up, heels to the ground
- Put your arms behind your neck, providing support for your head and breathe in.
- Keeping core strength engaged, raise your torso up, exhaling out sharply.
- Be sure to have your chin up and not provide any pressure on your neck .
- These crunches can be done 15 times in 3 reps.
2. Flutter Kicks
- While lying on a may, bring your palms under your buttocks, palms down.
- Lift your shoulders and head slightly, chin pointing up.
- Straighten out your legs and raise them together.
- In one go, raise your left leg up slightly and lower your right leg down, without having to touch the mat
- Alternate this process quickly. Fluttering your legs .
- Try 20 times in each rep, for 3 consecutive reps.
3. Abdominal Bridges
- Straighten yourself on a mat, your back pressed completely against the floor .
- Bring your arms parallel to your body, palms facing down
- Bend your knees up, heels resting on the floor.
- Tighten your abdomen and raise your hips up, lifting your glutes off the ground.
- Maintain this pose for around 5 seconds and bring the hips down.
- Try repeating the exercise for 10 counts in 3 reps.
4. Criss-Cross Exercise
- On a mat, lie down and bring your arms behind your head, elbows stretched out.
- Bend your knees and bring them close to your abdomen.
- Raise your upper body with the help of your arms and inhale
- On exhaling, rotate out your right elbow to meet the left knee while straightening out the right leg.
- Bring the elbow back, inhale to repeat the process on the opposite side .
- Alternate this exercise for 20 counts in 2 reps .
5. Crunches with Lifted Legs
- Rest on your back and raise your hands above your head, placing them on the floor
- Being your legs up, 90 degrees to your upper body, locking the toes to keep steady
- Inhale and then lift your upper body along with raised arms towards the legs.
- Exhale during this process.
- Bring the body down slowly and repeat for 15 times in 3 reps.
6. Gym Ball Crunches
- Sit down on the edge of a gym ball and lie down on your back
- Make sure to have till your lower back on the gym ball, glutes and thighs should be out
- Keep the knees bent and the feet placed firmly on the floor
- Maintain your core strength so as not to have the ball move around.
- Placing the arms behind your neck, inhale
- On exhaling, lift up your torso, chin up
- This will provide a burning sensation on your abdomen.
- Repeat this process for 10 times in 3 reps.
These workouts, if incorporated into your daily routines, will make sure that stubborn and hanging pooch is reduced steadily within a few weeks. Take the help of your fitness instructor in order to initiate the workouts.