Have you ever felt scared of gaining weight quickly if you eat something out of your healthy-food regime?
Sometimes, our weight loss journey might meet a state of paranoia, which convinces us that any meal with even a slight bit of oil of fatty food, can destroy the work we put in the body.
We must remind ourselves that we are far stronger than this fear. Yes, during workouts, our stomach and waist take the longest time to shed extra fat. But if we put our willpower into the journey, the challenge to lose excess fat shall be steady.
Due to our tummies taking longer to shed excess fat, we go straight for diet fads which might be harmful to our health. But with the correct workouts, a cheat day will not be able to douse off the hard work thanks to a few bites of your favorite pasta or burger.
Following are a few workouts to add to the list of the abdomen exercises.
1. Alternate Leg Raises
- First, lie on a yoga mat and place your palms under your glutes, palms down.
- Slightly raise both the legs above the floor, and hold them in position.
- Raise the left leg straight up, keeping it in place for one second.
- Bring it down and raise up the alternate leg.
- Continue to exercise for 10 leg raises in 3 reps.
2. Mountain Climbers
- On a yoga mat, sit on your knees.
- Lean forward with your hands and balance the upper body on both the arms.
- Straighten out your legs to raise them on your toes
- Keeping core strength tight, pull in your left knee towards your stomach.
- Bring the leg back and pull forth the alternate leg.
- Increase your pace slowly to finish 15 counts in 3 reps.
3. Knee to Elbow Alternate
- Lie on your back over a mat and bring your arms behind your head, elbows stretching outward.
- Bend your knees and raise them over the floor.
- Raise your head up slightly.
- In one count, pull your left leg in towards your abdomen and twist your waist to bring the right elbow towards it.
- Return them to position and alter the limb-sides.
- Try this exercise alternatively for 15-20 counts in 3 reps.
4. Russian Twist
- Sit on a yoga mat with your legs stretched out.
- Lean back a little and balance your upper body on your arms
- Bend the knees and raise your feet above the mat
- Next, ball up your palms in a fist in front of your chest.
- Twist your waist to take the balled palms from one side of your body to another alternatively.
- This exercise should be done 20 times in a rep and in a total of 3 reps.
5. Alternate Leg and Arm Raises
- Bring your body down on a yoga mat and balance it on your palms and feet
- This exercise requires proper breathing, hence make sure to breathe in the correct time.
- Breathe in and raise up your right leg from the floor and the left arm straight.
- Breathe out during the process.
- Bring the limbs back to their position and initiate the same movement with alternate arms and legs.
- Try this workout 10 times in 3 reps.
6. Leg Raises
- Lie on your back over a mat and bring your palms facing down, under your glutes
- Keeping the abdomen tight, raise up both the legs straight above the ground.
- Try to raise your glutes slightly along with them.
- Bring them down after 2 seconds repeat.
- This exercise should be done 10 times for 3 reps.
Make sure to take aid from a fitness adviser before adding the exercises into your regime.