Our eyes are one of the most integral organs in our body. For starters, the little self-help articles from us can only be viewed by you through visual help. The whole world is in our mind through how we perceive through our eyes.
But with prolonged exposure to screens increasing by the minute, our eyes do not get enough rest like our parents have had the time to. To be very honest, the mere 8 hours of sleep does not cure excessive pressure our eyes go throughout the day.
If your eyes have the requirement of spectacles and contact lenses or not, both kinds of eyesight need thorough care and proper responsibilities to have them feeling fresh, rejuvenated and healthy. Here are a few tips to aid your own visual health.
1. Rest Your Eyes
- Keep your phone away an hour before hitting the hay, this gives an extra amount of rest to our eyes along with your sleep schedule.
- In the office, give your eyes a rest period every hour. Keep them closed for one-two minutes and be away from the lights.
- Take evening or morning walks amongst the greenery. It has been established that green is a soothing and healthy color to view.
- Splash water gently to clean your eyes most often.
2. Provide Healthy Nutrition
- What we eat has a major impact on our active organs. That being said, our eyes require Vitamins A, C, and E from fresh green vegetables. papaya and citrus fruits.
- Grapes, carrots, pumpkins, and eggplants are rich in antioxidants that are vital for our visual health.
- In the case of vitamin deficiency, capsules and supplements for vitamins and nutrition should be taken regularly or under prescribed dosage.
- This nutrition is required to keep your eyes healthy and not deteriorate our eyesight further
3. Eye Exercises that Suit You Best
- Look up without moving your face for 30 seconds, repeat the process after a few seconds rest.
- Roll your eyes clockwise 10 times, following with counterclockwise rolling.
- Move your eyes from left to right, counting 10 times.
- Next, move your eyes up and down without moving your face, count up to 10 times
- Massage your temples gently and close your eyes for a few good minutes.
Follow these few steps and you’ll feel your vision more relaxed and calm.