To think it was just a few hours ago that someone elderly pointed out that I was slouching over my phone.
Irritating, I know right?
But there is a very logical concern behind it. Deformation on our spine is a common side-effect to constantly dropping our shoulders.
But of course, there is always some solutions if we look hard enough.
There are a few exercises which can help with correcting the posture we tend to slouch with. Let’s look at a few.
– Lie down on a yoga mat and prop yourself up on the elbows
– Your arms should be parallel to the body
– Balance your lower body on your toes
– Breathe normally and hold this position for 40-45 seconds.
2. Glute Bridges
Image Courtesy- Sporteluxe
– Lie down on a yoga mat and bring up your knees
– Your arms should be spread down, parallel to the ground
– Breathe in, raise your hips up, lifting the glutes from the ground
– Balance this stance for 4 seconds and bring back the body
– Repeat this exercise 10 times in 3 reps.
3. Russian Twists
– Sit down on the floor with your legs straight in front of you
– Bend the knees up and lean back slightly
– Ball up your fist and hold it in front of your chest
– Next, twist the waist from left to right, moving the entire body from one side to another
– Direct the fists from the bottom left to the bottom right
– Try this 10 times in 3 reps.
Image Courtesy- WorkoutBox
– Bring your body down on your knees and palms
– Look up straight and raise your right arm from the floor
– Hold it ahead of your body. Next, straighten back your left leg
– Bring them down and repeat with the alternate arm and legs.
These simple exercises take a few minutes daily.