Our skin needs optimum amount of nourishment, specially with the change of air and water quality around us. Surely, our parents did not require to apply anti-aging creams as vigorously as we need nowadays.
Certain chemicals in the creams, packaged face-masks and washes might be harmful for your skin. Our skin pore, larger they are, more dust, grime and pollutants will it be able to store in them. Which will not only be affecting the face but a the same time, give a dull sheen to the surface.
Following are the home-made remedies to smoothen the pores in the skin :
1. Green Tea Face Mist
Green tea is not only good for our system but also the skin. This is because the anti-bacterial agents helps reduce acne and give a healthy, cleaned and tight skin surface. Green tea also helps removing dirt and oil that clogs the pores, resulting in blackheads or acne
- 2 cups water
- 1 lemon for juice
- 3 tablespoons of green tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon of aloe-vera gel
- Boil the tea leaves in the water for 5 minutes, making the tea strong than lightly-flavored
- Pour it in a vessel and let it chill for 15 minutes
- Add in juice of one lemon and a tablespoon of aloe-vera gel
- Stir the mix well so that it is smooth and forming no lumps
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and use it before bed, after shower and prior to applying creams
- This mist blend can be stored for 6 days if properly kept in the fridge
2. Cucumber and Lemon Face Mask
Cucumber is known to improve the skin’s health by reducing oil on the skin. Balanced oil on skin makes sure that the pores are minimized. Since cucumber has a naturally refreshing feel to it, it makes the face feel squeaky clean and rejuvenated.
- 5 slices of chilled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a blender, put the freshly sliced cold cucumber in and mix it well
- Bring it down and add lemon juice to the mixture
- Wash your face clean and apply the blend to the face evenly
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash off with cold water
- This pack can be used 2-3 times a week
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is known to stabilize pH balance in the skin and counter risks of pimple and aging. Beta-carotene in apple cider helps in reducing skin damage.
- 5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- Mix the vinegar with the 2 cups of water.
- Put this mix in a spray bottle.
- Wash the face with gentle soap.
- Spray this blend on the face and wait for it to dry.
- Apply light moisturizer to the face.
4. Egg-Oats Mask
Egg-whites and albumin and protein rich, that helps in toning and tightening the skin and reducing larger pores. Oatmeal is rich in anti-oxidants which help reduce dry skin and unclogging pores.
- 1 egg-white
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Mix the oatmeal with the egg-whites
- Add in the lemon juice
- Whisk it all together
- Apply it on your face and let it stay or 30 minutes
- Wash it off with water
In case of allergies to any of the suggested products, do consult a dermatologists for better understanding.