Whether it’s a wedding or a festive season or even a normal day, everyone loves having flat stomach. But is it easy to maintain a flat belly? So here are 5 exercises that could help you do wonders to your body.
1. Abdominal hold:
This is a funny exercise, so make sure that you don’t get caught be your room mates while doing this! These are the few steps to follow:
- Sit tall on the edge of a chair and place your hands on the edge that your fingers point to the front.
- Hold your abs and bring your toes as well as your butt 2 to 4 inches off the chair.
- Hold this position for as long as you can(5 to 10 seconds).
- Lower yourself and then repeat the process.
- Do this for 1 minute.
2. Opposite arm and leg raise:
This exercise gives you a feeling of flying(even though you aren’t). Its pretty fun! Here’s how to do it:
- Get down on all fours and adjust your knees to the waistline while wrists with your shoulders.
- Raise your left arm to shoulder height and your left leg to hip height.
- Hold for 2 counts, reaching forward with your fingers and back with your heels.
- Repeat this on the opposite side.
- Do 15 to 20 reps alternating sides.
3. The prone plank:
A very simple, do-anywhere exercise!
- Get into a full push up position with your palms on the floor beneath your shoulders.
- Hold for 30 seconds with your abs contracted and your arms and legs extended and your head aligned with your spine.
- As you build strength, hold this position longer, up to one minute.
4. The climb up:
Can really crunch you up!
- Start by lying on the floor with a 3-foot-long scarf or towel wrapped around the ball of your right foot while left leg is bent on the side.
- Hold scarf in both arms and extend your right leg keeping your foot flexed.
- Slowly walk your hands up the scarf as you lift your head and shoulder off floor. hold a count of 2.
- Now get back to the initial position.
- Do two sets of 8 to 10 reps on each side. be sure to be steady while doing this.
5. The single leg stretch:
Initially a bit hard to do because of the big tummy, but gradually it’ll become easier.
- Lie down with your knees bent. lift your head and shoulders and twist your chin inward.
- Inhale as you draw your left knee toward your chest, placing left hand on your ankle and right hand on your knee.
- Lift your right leg to about 45 degrees off floor.
- Switch legs, extending your left leg while hugging your right leg.
- Switch hand position accordingly.
- Do between 5 and 10 reps each side.
Do these exercises and be ready to flaunt your flat stomach no atter whats the occasion.