Hair loss has been a problem forever in this century. Initially, people used to try all those home-made and chemical made recipes but still ended up losing even more hair. I’m sure none of us wanted this or like even want this to happen. This has led me to think about this new trend which was following up.
Once when I opened my Facebook account I found a post named ‘Magnesium oil for hair loss’. Even though I’ve learned a lot of properties of magnesium in my chemistry classes, I really had no idea that its oil can actually be used to prevent hair loss. This made me want to try it out.
History of magnesium oil:
As I said, my chemistry class gave me the urge to know more about it and hence I researched and this is what I found out. It is an essential mineral but at least half of the USA had the least amount of intake of magnesium. Even if you consume it orally, it is seen that it won’t be much of an effect on you.
This is exactly why magnesium oil is gaining its popularity. This oil when through your skin pores increase the level of magnesium by at least 60 percent in your body.
This process actually makes it a lot more difficult than it already is! 99 percent of calcium is said to be in your bones and teeth and the rest 1 percent in your blood and muscles. But when this calcium gets accumulated in your scalp region, the tissues get hardened and leads of hair fall. This calcium is more present in the water you take for a shower. There are two sources for water: groundwater and surface water.
Ground water has more calcium content whereas surface water doesn’t have much. However, when surface water is treated with lime, which consists of calcium is added to deplete the effects of chlorine. When you take a shower, these calcium ions react with soap and makes a curry substance called soap scum.
This makes your scalp scaly and your hair to fall off easily. This calcium will also affect the existing strong hairs. This further creates inflammation which will again last for a long time. Even though inflammation is a defense mechanism, it cannot be guaranteed that it is good for your hair and scalp.
How will magnesium oil help?
This little magnesium oil enters your scalp pores and destroys all calcium ions present and blocking hair follicles. It can also help remove excess calcium from your bloodstream.
Magnesium oil converts vitamin D into an active form to absorb calcium. This means that there is a reversal of calcification which leads to more flow of blood in and out of your scalp which will keep it healthy. It is also a powerful anti-inflammatory mineral.
How to apply it?
You can directly apply it to your hair scalp. Just be sure that your scalp is free of any other oil or lotion. Massage your scalp for 10 minutes as it will increase blood flow and better absorption. Leave it for 30 minutes before washing.
For best results, I recommend you to apply it every day. 30 ml per person should be enough. Which will give you 2400 mg magnesium.
If you have sensitive skin use the diluted version before applying a thicker coating. You can buy the spray bottle which is readily available in the market or you can also prepare your own oil with these 2 ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of magnesium chloride flakes
- 1/2 cup of distilled water.
- Boil distilled water.
- Put the flakes in a bowl and pour the boiling water into it.
- Stir till it completely dissolves.
- Cool down completely before you transfer it into a bottle.
- Store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Along with magnesium oil, magnesium supplements are also highly recommended as this will help you with a peaceful sleep at night. It can also reduce stress and tiredness. There are various magnesium supplements available in the market. However, magnesium orotate and magnesium chloride are best to take.
As you see I have been affected by this problem and 2 months ago I started using this remedy. Well, I can really say that it surely helped me a lot. Not to mention that the results might also vary from person to person. It might take an even longer time for you. But this will be sure to work. Also using home-made products are way better than opting ones with chemicals.
PS: Please consult your dermatologist before start using it. Some people might find magnesium reactive towards there skin.