Our bodies go through wear and tear with age, making us feel weaker and more feeble. But with a moderate workouts and a healthy routine, you can feel your energy and will power soaring.
Age does not limit our lives in any way. We have been long taught that when the retirement period hits, it is time to bid adieu to our fields.
The news papers are teeming with articles of how men and women beyond 60’s have been running marathons, helping out the homeless and even going for a birthday skydiving.
These are the few exercise that will help you maintain your fitness and energy level.
1. Casual Warm up
- Stand or sit straight
- Stretch out your hands, neck, rotate them slowly
- Rotate your ankles clockwise and anticlockwise
- These will help providing oxygen to the muscle, warming up and body and providing flexibility for the next steps to come.
- Warm up for 4 minutes.
2. A Moderate way of Jogging
- Stand in one place with feet apart by shoulder length
- Start jogging slowly, building up speed on a steady pace.
- Remember to slow down when you feel out of breath
- Provide 1 minute timing to this workout.
3. Assisted Squatting
- Stand straight with your legs spread out a little beyond shoulder length
- Keeping core strength engaged, pull in your abdomen and bend your knees
- Stretch out your buttocks and try to ‘sit down’
- Stand up straight and repeat for 10 minutes.
4. Squat Curl Knee Lift
- Bring yourself to squatting position
- Have 2 weights in hands
- Squat down slowly, hands pointing down with weight
- Inhaling and pulling in your abdomen, raise your left leg front
- Bring it down and alternate for 5 minutes.
6. Knee Thrusters
- Bring your body to a lunge position
- Bend your knees slightly
- Have tour hands raised towards your front right leg
- In one movement, raise your left leg towards your abdomen and bring down your hands towards its knees
- For each side, try counting 10 times.
These exercises will ensure that you have lesser problems in regards to feeling weak or ill as well as help you feeling young and fit, your age be any.