For us busy souls, hitting the gym and running straight to work can be quite hectic. But this does not mean we slack off from our fitness schedules.
Yogasanas come handy when you opt to lose weight at home. They are simple, effective and stretch out our muscles to give us a toned and even physique.
Here are a few asanas to release your muscle stiffness and help you lose weight in one go.
1. Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Lie on the floor face down
- Bring your palms parallel to your palms
- Raise up your upper body on your hands
- Bend your knees down
- Un-bend them and raise your hips and glutes
- This will form a downward ‘V’ shape
2. Urdha Mukha Svanana
- Go down from your adho mukha
- Make sure your arms stay straight and feet are supported on your toes
- Bring your abdomen toward the ground and look up straight.
- Sir with your back straight and legs stretched out in front of you
- Lean back slightly and bring your arms in front of you
- Raise your legs above you, to a 45° angle from the base
- Sit on your knees and let your back straighten up
- Rest your hands over your thighs and look up
- Open your mouth and roll out your tongue
- Let your mouth open wide so as to put pressure on your cheekbones
5. Chaturanga Dandasana
- Lie own face front in plank position
- Balance your upper body on your arms and lower body on your toes
- Keeping core strength intact, hold the position for 30 seconds
- Sit down on a mat with your legs extended front’
- Lean back supporting yourself on your elbows
- Push your head back, dropping i down, stretching out the torso
- Lie sideways on your left elbow, hand balancing the head
- Let your right leg rest over your left leg
- Raise your right leg up until it is 90 degrees from the ground
- Raise your right arm and touch the tip of your raised leg
- Bend the leg and bring it down slowly.
8. Baddha Konasana
- Sit with your back straight
- Stretch out your legs and bend them outwards, feet meeting in the middle
- With your hands, hold the feet together
These exercises will ensure that you lose your weight steadily and your body relaxes down.