Age puts no limit to strength and courage. We have seen this in women from all fields, be it military, professionals, our family members who have been hard and strong to the bone.
But to have what it takes to be beautiful, bold, healthy and strong, few simple workouts can do the trick. With age, we women can lose bone-density, calcium and muscle mass. But all of these components are necessary with increasing age. Our bodies require an optimum amount of strength and energy to function. Its really important to follow a proper exercise and diet when you start touching the 40s.
These exercises are simple focused for woman over 40, targets the entire body and can be done at home during any time of the day. let’s look into the details.
- On a gym mat, get on your knees and lower your upper body down over your elbows
- Keep the body straight in one line, balancing on your elbows and toes
- Maintain proper core-strength and begin to stay in this position for 30 seconds
- Let the body loosen up, rest and repeat for 2 more rounds, 30 seconds each.
- Squat down full and balance yourself on your palms
- Jump back and stretch out your legs at the back
- Perform a push-up and raise yourself up on your arms
- Jump in again
- launch yourself up
- Try this 15 times in 2 reps
- Stand straight and put the right leg front
- Keep your shoulders straight and pushed back
- In one count, bend your right leg knees, prompting the left knee to touch the ground
- Try 10 counts on both knees in 3 reps each
- Stand with your legs apart by a few inches from your shoulders
- Keeping your hands folded/straight in front of your chest, bend your knees down in a sitting position
- Make sure your upper body is straight up and core strength, tight
- Try this for 15 counts in 3 reps
5. Leg Raises
- Lying on the floor, place your hand under your buttocks, palms down
- Make sure your shoulders are rolled out
- Keeping the abs tight, raise your legs up
- Bring them down without touching the ground
- Repeat the process for 10 ties in 3 reps
These exercises are easy to do at home and does not require any special equipments. Yet they are powerful enough to keep you fit and energetic.
Image Credits: US Defense.