As Marathon enthusiasts, flexibility of the entire body, specially those strong legs that carry you through the finish lines. But sometimes, we need few more workouts than a the warm-ups.
Before you head out, take out the yoga mat and activate your knees and glutes for a good run for the day :
1. Leg Extension
- Lie down with your back with your arms parallel to your body
- Bring your knees up, keeping your feet to the ground
- Keeping the core strength involved, raise your hips and glutes
- Extend out your right leg upwards, keeping shoulder and toes aligned.
- Bring the leg down to bent position and try the other leg
- his counts as 1, try 10 more in 1 rep, 3 reps in total
2. Marching Hip-Bridge
- Initiate the bridge pose and bring your knees up, pulling it towards your stomach
- Bring it down and alternate with the other leg.
- Try for 10 counts in 3 reps
3. Clam Shell
- Lie on right your side and prop your head over your palms
- Bend your right and left leg out to the same side, letting the left feet rest on the other
- Raise your left leg. while bent and bring down again
- Repeat the process for 10 rounds in 3 reps
4. Side Lying Quad Stretches
- Lie on your side similar to the previous exercise, bending your knees front
- Reach the top leg back and use your free hand to grab the toes of the raised leg
- Stretch out your frontal body out in this process
- Try this for 15 seconds stretching 10 times.
These exercises will ensure your body feeling loosened up and ready for a long run.