Abdomen workout requires a lot to be invested in. By willpower and goals, we can a achieve the washboard abdomen we have long craved for ourselves. A yoga mat or resistance bands are not always the props we will need for the abs to firm. All we will need is to stand and a set of good dumb-bells.
Let us look through some simple workouts for our abdomen :
1. Dumb-bells Side Bend
- Stand straight with dumb-bells each of your hands.
- Keeping the back steady, lower the weight down of one arm, towards the knee.
- Steadying up the left arm, repeat alternatively.
- Do about 10 counts in 3 reps.
2. Standing Core Stabilization
- Stand with your feet parallel to shoulders.
- Hold up a dumb-bell in-front of your chest, arms extended out.
- Keeping the stomach tight and back straight, rotate your arm towards your left side.
- Make sure to not twist abdomen area too much while rotating the arms.
- Pause on one side and bring the arms towards the right side.
- Do 10 counts in 3 reps.
3. Bow Extension
- Hold up a dumb-bell with both hands.
- Bend let the right arm be above the right shoulder straight, left arm bending towards the side to hold the dumb-bell.
- Keep your left knee pointing up towards the right side.
- In one move, bring the dumb-bell down towards your stomach to the left and raise the knee up to meet it towards the stomach as well.
- Return to position and continue again.
- Do 10 counts each side for 3 reps.
4. Reverse Dumb-bells Chop
- Stand with holding a dumb-bell with your arms.
- Bend the torso and bend down with the dumb-bell towards your left knee.
- With a swift pull, raise the dumb-bell with both hands above the right shoulder.
- Bring it down again for 1 count.
- Continue for 10 counts each side for 3 reps.
Abdomen is hard-work to form but all the effort are worth it in the end.