Calm and effective breathing techniques are a great way to energize your mind and body. And in recent times, a calm mind is much needed to beat the pandemic blues.
Sometimes, work stress can make us slump, feel drained and depressed. And here, breathing exercises can come handy in lowering blood pressure, relaxing the body and spirit.
Not to forget, deep breathing is an effective way of controlling panic attacks according to various sources.
And so today, we shall learn about 5 unique breathing techniques that can calm and energize you in 10 minutes:
1.The Abdominal Breathing
Abdominal breathing requires you to use your stomach to regulate the breathing pattern. And the best part about this exercise would be its ability to calm stressed nerves.
- Sit on a mat and place your right hand on the chest, and the left hand on your stomach.
- When you breathe in pull in your stomach and perform deep breathing. Your lungs should feel stretched.
- Exhale while deflating your stomach. Make sure to perform this slowly.
2.Nadi Shodhana (Alternate Nostril Breathing)
Alternate nostril breathing is beneficial for deep-breathing meditation. If you have trouble focusing your attention, Nadi Shodhana can be the right way.
- Place your right ring finger on the left nose tip over the hole.
- ball-up your middle and index fingers and point out the thumb.
- Now, breathe in through your open right nostril.
- remove the ring finger from the left nostril, and place your thumb on the right, to breathe out.
When in tension, your body tends to stiffen up. These would be your nerves and muscles feeling stressed and in pain.
Muscle relaxation breathing techniques can be immensely helpful in such cases:
- Lie down on your bed and prop up the head on a pillow.
- spreads your limbs and relax your muscles.
- Close your eyes, and commence deep-breathing.
- You might fall asleep from the calmness in your mind and body.
Kapalbhati would be another well-known deep-breathing workout. Although this is quick and takes proper abdominal strength.
- Sit down on your knees and place your hands on the knees.
- Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and exhale quickly, with force.
- Make sure that there is power in your exhale, which will automatically have you breathe in.
- With every exhale, deflate your abdomen with ease.
These are quick and easy breathing techniques which can energize you in under 10 minutes. Moreover, you can try these out without any extra equipment.
So what is your favorite breathing exercise? Do share with us.