Who doesn’t like a post-workout refreshing glass of thick chilled smoothie. It is a burst of flavor, fruitiness and nutrition that you deserve for putting in the effort to fitness and health. Often, we might not be sure which fruits or ingredients mix well in these power-packed drinks. Well worry not as we are here to help with the 3 most dense and lip-smacking smoothie recipes to offer.
After an hour of strenuous workout, your body will crave protein and refreshment. You’ll notice yourself craving fruits and heavy meals after coming out of the gym. Banana is the fruit that can be consumed before as well as after workouts. It’s packed with potassium and fiber. The fiber maintains a steady energy in the body that is required during and after the workout. Just the plain old bread and eggs daily can be such a bore. What’s better than a frothy and delicious shake to treat yourself. Let’s see how :
1. Banana and Strawberry Smoothie
Banana and strawberry can be a nice and smooth blend packed with energy and flavor. Let us look at what we need for the recipe and their advantages.
- 1/2 of a banana- Loaded with soluble and insoluble fiber. Eases Digestion
- 1 cup chopped strawberries (whole chilled)- Rich content of vitamin C for regaining energy. Increases good cholesterol
- 1/4th cup crushed granola- Increases energy in body. Fiber in granola absorbs excess fluid making you feel full.
- 2 tablespoons of crushed walnuts- It is rich in calcium for the bones as well as mono- and poly-saturated fats(good fats). Walnuts are a powerhouse of energy boost.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (chilled)- This provide calcium and protein for the bone and muscle health. Greek Yogurt is a well-known workout recovery food that also cuts down on the stubborn waist fat.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds- Chia seeds are popular for their antioxidant and omega-3 fatty acids content. Protein and fiber in chia seeds aids in steady weight loss
- In a blender, add the ingredients
- Be sure to put the heavier ingredients as base (Greek yogurt, banana and strawberries)
- Top it off with the crushed granola, seeds and walnuts
- Blend the shake till the ingredients fuse well into a thick smoothie
- Bring it down and pour it in a glass
- Drink it up immediately
2. Banana and Pineapple Smoothie
This unique combination of fruits give a zing to the flavor with a dash of healthy benefits. Here are the simple ingredients.
- 200 gms. pineapple chopped- Provides strength to the bones from its manganese content. Dietary fiber in pineapples provide improved digestion
- 1 whole banana freshly chopped- Bananas keep the heart health steady. Due to its low levels of calories, it is a weight loss -friendly ingredient in your diet.
- 240ml unsweetened almond milk- Due to being low in sugar, it is perfect as a substitute for regular milk. Since dairy milk does not suit well with most fruits, almond milk is a perfect fusion base.
- In a blender, add in the chopped pineapple and banana
- Mix it with almond milk and turn the appliance on
- Fuse till smooth and pour the blend in a glass
- Drink it up immediately
3. Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
Both are star ingredients in our breakfast menu. Well supplied with rich fibers and nutrients, oatmeal and banana provide a wholesome breakfast meal. But how about spicing up the and make a filling smoothie from the ingredients we normally eat up from a bowl? We’ll let’s get blending.
- 1/4th cup oats- Due to high soluble fiber content, oats can have you feel full for a long period of time, thereby reducing the need to fill craving with junk food
- 1 whole banana, finely chopped- As mentioned above, it is aids in weight loss and provides sufficient energy.
- 3/4th cup milk (chilled)- Calcium and Phosphorous in milk help with improving bone strength. Due to its protein content, dairy milk provides a good amount of energy regaining through workout.
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter- Peanut butter is essential for both bones and muscles. Potassium in peanut butter gives proper muscle building nutrients while bones are strengthened through magnesium.
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and shut the lid
- Let the appliance run for 1 minute for the ingredients to mix
- Pour it in a tall glass, add a few pieces of cut bananas and drink up
Hopefully, the recipes are worth drooling, so enjoy the treats post workout as a source of health and motivation.